Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mine Stickman

I finally decided to post my very first animation, which I made last year. I'd only just downloaded iStopMotion on my Mac and was keen to see how the program worked. So this stickman was really only intended as a short test, but I guess I got a bit carried away..
Remember, first attempt here! This was before I became aware of the Principles of Animation (thanks Frank!), so of course there's all sorts of things wrong with it.
Still, it took a lot of work- those are 800 individually-cut frames of greaseproof paper, people! I didn't have a light-box at that stage and I needed a transparent medium. But hey, it's all a means to an end, right?
:-]

4 comments:

  1. That is a great concept nicely animated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia, I'm enchanted by this! The slower movement worked out great because it seemed careful and deliberate and appropriate, the music worked and you kept surprising me as a viewer, especially the rakish mo at the end! Congratulations on your first animation! You're a natural storyteller...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I love the moustache and there's only a bit to improve. Check out Links:

    http://www.jamaalbradley.com/2011/05/rhthym-is-poses.html

    http://www.animationarchive.org/?p=1929 :)

    ReplyDelete