Monday, May 30, 2011

Must-See Paper Art and Animation

So I've always been a massive, massive fan of paper art. The level of craftsmanship that goes into it is just phenomenal. Take the following artists for example;

From the book 'Paper Illusions' by Isabelle de Borchgrave. All made from paper which was hand-painted...




Or these by Su Blackwell..





Or one of my personal favourites, Peter Callesen..


Eeheehee! It's a little apple core!




And then there are those that are just beyond belief, like these by Allan and Patty Eckman.





Now what if you took all of this skill and intricacy and turned it into an animation? BEHOLD! Amos Lee's 'Flower', a paper and clay animation. Holy mother of God, I LOVE THIS CLIP.
Ah Amos! A man of impeccable taste if ever I saw one... great song too.

2 comments:

  1. To be a person so intent on their creative craft takes a lot of persistence and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia Im very happy I was there to see your presentation. That Lace animation touched a cord with me, it was very beautiful. Its hard not to say its made some inspiration for me. :) I completely agree with you, this clip was amazing, completely and utterly. I absolutely love the indian paper statues, they are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete