Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sketches from The Little Mermaid

Howdy-doody,

I was watching The Little Mermaid this afternoon, and found myself thinking over and over again, 'Aagh! I wish I could draw like that!!' So what the heck, I had a go..
All the reference images on the net were rubbish so I decided to pause the movie at some of my favourite moments and get my own screen captures.
I'm not used to drawing that really cartoony sort of style so it was a bit of a struggle at first, but I think I got the hang of it eventually. All good practise, eh what?


The crazy French chef, definitely my favourite character!


The Little Mermaid at the height of fashion in a charming hessian sack ensemble designed by Scuttle.



Scuttle; 'I can't find a pulse!'

2 comments:

  1. Drawing would have to be the most fun way to study. Nicely captured characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! It's a great way to learn how they exaggerated and created volumes that were able to be animated. I really love your clear linework.

    ReplyDelete